RENEW’s Executive Director testified in Barnstable before the Massachusetts legislature’s Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy in favor of the wind siting reform bills (H1775 and S1666 and H1759). The legislation will set permitting standards for wind generators that come as close as possible in efficiency as those for large conventional power plants while striking the right balance on local control. Local permitting authorities will continue to apply local ordinances under a new streamlined approval processes.
- RENEW Northeast submits brief to FERC on NE ISO FCM Rate Lock
- BOEM-2020-0005 – Vineyard Wind 1, Supplement to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- Letter to the Editor: Supporting Offshore Wind
- Federal Public Hearings Conclude with Overwhelming Support for Offshore Wind
- Federal Public Engagement Process Reveals Broad Public Support for Vineyard Wind and Offshore Wind Power Development